MK2 Fiesta too rich ?

My son has an old fiesta 1.1 N reg which must have been the last of the old style mk2 fiesta. We've noticed the spark plugs seem to be quite black and sooty which implies the fuel/air mixture is running rich. Is there any way of adjusting this as it uses a central fuel injector not a carburettor ?

Thanks Tony

Reply to
Tony B

Firstly, are you sure there's actually anything wrong? Does he do a lot of short journeys?

Reply to
Conor

He does mainly short journeys so I would expect it to some degree. The reason we looked at it was that the plugs got so dirty, the engine started to misfire so I just wanted to check there isn't an adjustment that may be set wrong ?

Tony

Reply to
Tony B

they suffer from temperature sensor failure and connector problems to the same. First step is a good general service, and have a good look at the CTS and plug.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

When did it last have an air filter change?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

AND the air temp sensor in the base of the air cleaner- usually always dead / poor connection.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..