mondeo (60 plate diesel) oil change

Hello,
I have a 60 plate 2.0L diesel Mondeo. Up to now I had the car serviced to keep the warranty but I think the warranty was only for three
years, so I am now wondering about serving it myself. I'm waiting for the haynes book to arrive in the post.
I have a warning message "service oil" appearing on the dashboard. Does this just mean the service is due? Google found a ford forum where someone thought it meant something else (oil contaminated due to dpf regeneration failure), however other posters just thought it meant regular service due.
What capacity does the engine hold: is it 5.6L? That's a shame as the oil (5w30 fully synthetic I believe) comes in 5L containers, so I will need to get a second one just for 0.6L (unless I buy 5L + 1L)
Is it a straightforward oil change with everything relatively accessible?
Thanks, Stephen.
On 30/03/2014 09:24, Stephen wrote:

The oil change is straightforward. You will need two gallons to change the oil. Unfortunately getting rid of the the oil service message is complex, when I have woken up fully I will get out Autodata (on laptop in workshop) and look it up, perhaps Chris will, it involves dancing on the pedals and pressing steering wheel buttons.
On 30/03/2014 09:30, Mrcheerful wrote:

shows I am asleep, there is a hard bit: getting the oil filter undone (bloody french) The proper tool is a cranked spanner, I modified a motorcycle rear wheel spanner to do the job, I imagine that most home mechanics will give up. a cut off box spanner and tommy bar could do it. the right tool is about thirty quid.
On 30/03/2014 09:30, Mrcheerful wrote:

Will not something like the Torque App on a mobile phone reset the light when coupled with a £10 OBDII Bluetooth Adapter (ELM 327) from Ebay?
--
mailto:newsadmac(dot}myzencouk

On 30/03/2014 09:24, Stephen wrote:

The hard part is getting a spanner on the oil filter housing (27mm). The oil is preferably Ford F 5/30 synthetic, according to autodata it takes 5.9l, I seem to remember it was more, but I might be thinking of the older engine.
Reset the oil service light: shut all doors, switch ignition on, simultaneously fully press and hold brake and accellerator for at least 15 seconds, press button A (OK) on steering wheel, service light goes out when reset complete, release pedals, switch ign off.
On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 16:58:00 +0100, Mrcheerful wrote:

And if you press button B at the same time, the stereo switches on full blast, and shouts out a credit list of all of the people involved in the design of the car...
On 30/03/2014 18:51, Adrian wrote:

http://cheezburger.com/1373121280
--
Peter Hill
replace nospam with domain host name to reply

Two misspellings in a two word caption. Congratulations! ;-)
Tim

Oh, and a punctuation mark is missing too. (Assuming I'm reading the picture correctly). ;-)
Tim
On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 19:10:05 +0000 (UTC), Tim+

Are you from the past?
On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 19:07:08 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Umm, whoosh?
(To you both...)

Site Timeline