Think I'm getting old.

Last week I was in a queue of traffic following a street sweeper. The 3 cars in front of me went the wrong side of both bollards at start and end of a works entrance to overtake it. I was next, I made the decision to wait for one cars length and overtake without going wrong side of bollards only to find the guy behind me had gone the wrong side of the bollard and was overtaking both of us.

2 weeks ago I turned into a T junction. There is a building site on the corner and they had fenced off a bit of road 3 car lengths from the junction for installation of services. A car in the oncoming traffic stopped to let vehicles turning into the junction get past the roadworks and clear the now blocked junction. The Taxi behind pulled out and overtook it. As the car in front of me had already started to pass the roadworks, the taxi pulled sharply in front of the car he was overtaking and went on the pavement.

Last year the A511 was brought to a halt by a taxi doing a 3 point turn. Where in the highway code and during driver training are they being taught to do 3 point turns on busy A roads?

One day I'm gonna be at the front of a queue and the Devil will pop up and say room for one more downstairs.

Reply to
Peter Hill

A little while ago I had some loony wanting to batter me because his lane ran out and he found bollards in the middle of the road and no where to go except left into me. I kept him behind me and didn't have to stop anywhere or it might have turned ugly, banger driving experience helped !! He gave up and went away in the end. Absolutely bizarre driving is seen everyday, everywhere. Sometimes I consider getting a camera to get some good clips to send in to tv, but cba .

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Traffic was coming to a crawl halfway up to junction 6 on M4. A driver in an oldish hot hatchback with lowered suspension and charcoal wheels became tired of waiting and speeded away at the hard shoulder. Nevertheless, two other drivers in mini rockets were encouraged by this and took the same drift along the hard shoulder. This was so obvious that I would have loved to see them getting nicked, but unfortunately no police around.

Reply to
johannes

Taxi drivers need shooting...all of them.

Reply to
The Revd