Mondeo (96) under engine cover fittings.

Hi all, Just a quicky. What type of fitting hold the under engine cover onto the chassis for the N reg Mondeo. My cover is flapping about like Orville at the mo and it's not much fun. Must have lost some fittings on the motorway.

They're probably dirt cheap at the dealers but if they're only screws....

Rv!

Reply to
Rv!

Removed my broken one a couple of days ago, 4 of those hex headed self-tappers and a couple of plastic plug things were all that were holding it on.

Must get around to getting another one...

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Mine got ripped off by a dead dog the other day. At least it was dead after I hit him, though the Fiesta that hit him first lost its spoiler/lower grill and fog lights. Any idea if the lack of the cover affects fuel economy as I had an idea it might smooth the airflow under the body. Probably not enough to be significant I expect.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

The message from "Malc" contains these words:

Hmm, diminishing returns.

Reply to
Guy King

Malc ( snipped-for-privacy@lightindigooverthere.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's probably mainly for drive-by noise levels.

I know that 1990 2cvs gained all sorts of odd fibreboard space fillers for that same reason, and that diesel XMs have a similar fibreboardy engine undertray while petrol ones don't, so it seems a fair assumption.

Reply to
Adrian

As a follow up. The local dealer just supplied me a complete set of screws, blocks and plastic fittings for about £6.00.

Not too bad all in, now it's just for me to crawl undernearth and do the work. :(

Rv!

Reply to
Rv!