private plates.....

what are the costs involved once you have bought a plate?

regards,

As we flow down life's rivers I see the stars glow - one by one All angels of the magic constellation Be singing us now

Reply to
John

John ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com.au.nz) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Adrian

If you are one of those who illegally formats it to suit them, or uses an illegal font, it will cost you a £1000 fine everytime I (or someone like me) sees you.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith (UK)

f*ck up asshole...

As we flow down life's rivers I see the stars glow - one by one All angels of the magic constellation Be singing us now

Reply to
John

The message from snipped-for-privacy@aol.com.au.nz (John) contains these words:

Oh, I don't know. Seems reasonable to me to penalise people who make their numberplates deliberately appear to read something other than what it's supposed to be.

Reply to
Guy King

Perhaps true, but the OP didn't ask about the snags, he asked if there was any costs involved once you have bought a plate. From which I assume he meant transfer/application costs etc.

Bob jumps to the conclusion that John is going to illegally play with the number/letter format/spacing. Very naughty as we all know.

Good job we all don't jump to conclusions else we may wonder if Bob has the right to use snipped-for-privacy@bob.com as his "From" address in usernet postings. I assume he has else it could be a breach of his ISP's T&C.

Graham

Good point, I hope the owner of withthanks.com doesn't come after me :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I didn't jump to a conclusion, I said "if you are one of" them. His answer confirmed he is.

Could well get me out of the shitty 1 year tie in I have with them...

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith (UK)

The message from Graham contains these words:

Purely by chance I know the bloke who has

- but not bob.com.

Reply to
Guy King

Thank you Graham. I simply asked about the other costs involved once you buy a private plate. I don't think Bob understood my question. I have no interest whatsoever in deliberately changing the way the letters appear on the plate.

I was after "J12 YES."

Don't think I could re-arrange the lettering on it anyway, even if wanted to.

£250 quid plus £80 DVLA handling charges. Decided not to buy.

As we flow down life's rivers I see the stars glow - one by one All angels of the magic constellation Be singing us now

Reply to
John

If you buy that direct from the DVLA, it is £250 including vat and all fees.

SimonJ

Sorry if I upset you, but I did put an "if" in my post.

Actually, M12 is commonly disfigured into "MR". And don't think people don't add stuff to the plate either. I have seen half height letters added, making "MBZ 123 A" into "MBenZ 123 A".

Bob

Reply to
Bob Smith (UK)

well you can undoubtedly get out of it now.... just use another isp and either keep paying them or just pay them it all as one lump sum.

Reply to
anonymous

Bob Smith (UK) ( snipped-for-privacy@bob.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

See the photos of Prince Harry's night out in today's paper?

One photo was of him being dragged back by his ploddyguard - against a background of a Merc S-class coupe with L10 VEU spaced (with L and 1 massaged a bit) so it sort-of-read "I LOVE U"

Reply to
Adrian

So that'll be £1000 fine for him then!! (I don't think so)

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors