MONDEO CUT OUT

A neighbour has a m-reg 1.8lx mondeo,it starts and idles fine,upon approaching a junction when you dip the clutch it will stall,not every time but most,it runs fine apart from this and she tells me that she's had the tps changed and other various sensors,anybody shed some light.

Many Thanks

Simon.

Reply to
sierra

Idle control valve is the first port of call.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Exhaust pressure transducer.. Small silver box with 2 pipes and a multiplug... Approx 60x40x15 mounted on the bulkhead.

JK

Reply to
JK

If she has had the throttle body cleaned, and the ISCV cleaned out, the vacuum T connection checked for being split, and the TPS voltage being correct at idle, then about the last issue to check is the clutch and brake pedal switches. If this isnt signalling the ECU to impliment idle control then it will stall when you dip the clutch coming to a standstill.

(we can dismiss a fault with the VSS as you dont mention the speedo not working)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.