Mondeo instrument cluster

Hi all, I have a problem with the instrument cluster. Under normal driving conditions the following happens:- Rev counter stops operating, external temperature defaults to blank lines, speedometer stops operating, trip meter's default to blank lines, engine management lamp illuminates, battery lamp illuminates, external low temperature indicator lamps illuminate. Strangely the fuel level indicator remains operational. The cluster remains in this state for an indeterminate length of time (sometimes briefly sometimes for 20 minutes or so)! Am I looking at an expensive repair or just a loose connection somewhere.

p.s. The problem doesn't appear to be influenced by bumps on the road and the car engine and steering all respond as normal.

Many thanks

Rob

Reply to
Robbie Mayhem

I don't know the answer, but if anyone replies I'd be interested to know how to replace a panel bulb in the speedo of said vehicle.

Rob Graham

Reply to
robgraham

MK3? They're surface mount LEDs.

There's a howto kicking around the internet on how to convert to blue LEDs. There's a fuckload of dash dismantling to do.

Reply to
Conor

Well, that's what I wanted to know, really.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Fordmondeo.org forums are the place to ask.

Reply to
Conor