Mondeo V6 CO2 Problem & ECU Temp Sender Location

My 1995 Moandeo V6 MKI (80,000 miles) struggled to pass the emissions part of the MOT test yesterday. The CO2 reading was unstable and kept rising and falling on fast idle. All other readings were fine.

I'm going to replace the ECU Temperature sender first, in case it is faulty.

Can anyone tell me where the ECU Temperature sender is located on the MKI V6 engine? I've spotted a couple of senders near the thermostat housing (above the gearbox) but don't know which one is for the ECU. I guess one is for the cooling fan and there must be a third somewhere for the temperature gauge.

Any ideas what the actual fault might be if it is not the temperature sender? Lambda sensor, perhaps?

Reply to
mlv