MoT question

One of the steering gaiters on my car is broken, right at the thin end where it's clipped to the steering arm that goes to the tie rod. My question is, if I pull the gaiter up a bit and re-attach it using a clip round what is now the thin end, is that acceptable for MoT purposes? Or is that going to be an instant failure?

It's about 1cm come off the end of the gaiter. I intend to secure it properly and all, about 1cm back from where the old clip sat. The gaiter is in good condition apart from the end coming off it.

Reply to
Mark W

that would be fine

Reply to