MOT Question: Knocking differential - failure point?

I've got the IRS unit out of my '84 Jaguar XJ6 because I had planned to swap the current diff, which has a big clunk when switching from drive to reverse and vice-versa, for a refurbished unit I bought recently. Unfortunately circumstances have changed and I'm hardly around and don't have any more time to complete the task. I intend to sell the vehicle and a current MOT would be a great sales point....

As far as I can ascertain, the differential is not included in the MOT exam so the big clunk when switching from drive to reverse and vice-versa problem will not cause an MOT test fail - can anyone confirm this or does anyone know other wise?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan