MoT scope

I've been looking at the Vehicle Inspectorate website (actually now renamed VOSA) because I wanted to know what was included in a (car) MoT check. They've got a nice, simple leaflet at

But they also have a "checklist" which seems to include much more -- see
I'm particularly concerned about the inclusion of a speedo check (on the checklist) as mine isn't working. From Google's NG archive, I see that this question has come-up before -- answers being along the lines of "there must be a speedo fitted but whether it's working isn't part of the MoT".

Is this still the case?

Cheers....Mike

Reply to
mike hutchins

mike hutchins (ma snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Nor's your speed limiter.

Or the sidecar.

For Class V - ie, trucks - yes. For cars, as the pdf form says - N/A.

Reply to
Adrian