Motorcraft battery, Was run DEAD. Rv!

Hi All,

I stupidly left my interior light on for three days and came back to a very dead battery. It wasn't charging worht a damn so I took it out of the car and brought it into the shed for a decent play. I've got it up and running again and all seems fine.

Only one thing on my mind. The little "green float thing" that shows the battery condition is still at "red" with the flost sunk. I don't really know how these work so I don't know if they ever come back up, or if they "stick by design." Can anyone offer advice?

Battery is a Motorcraft EMF080 60Ah, First used in Jan 2003.

Robert

Reply to
Rv!

If it works it's fine :-) Just don't expect it to survive the winter.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I've given it some long term loading with 40 watts holding above

12v for 10 hours. It seems like it might be happy again although I don't know how it would like starter current.

I think I have to get it back into the car since the replacement is too large to fit under the battery holding bar ("N" Mondeo) so it's just sitting in the dish, not going anywhere but not secure.

Rv!

Reply to
Rv!