mpg for a m-reg cavallier cdx td

hello my collegue and i share a cavallier individually and to work out the fuel cost for either of us we would like to know what the car does to the gallon either in town and country or average it's a cavallier ,m reg cdx td 199.500 on the clock (but no probs: with performance) (izuzu-diesel) any clues anyone,i hear 40 mpg but i doubt in towns thanks for any help

Reply to
derek uk

Says 45mpg average.

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

Why not measure it?

Always fill up to the brim

Always record the mileage when you fill up

Then you will soon work out the MPG, and can soon build-up an average (it will vary a bit summer - winter, and according to the usage)

Reply to
R. Murphy

and the winter figures will look poor compared to summer. We think it's a combination of weather, traffic conditions and anti waxing juice in the fuel.Though why they bother with that in England (are we allowed to say that?) surprises me. DaveK. English me - guess who describes themselves as British on official forms?

Reply to
davek

Used to get 50 mpg out of my old J reg one. But then I am a slow BOF.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Spam

Bald old far? Please elaborate...

G.

Reply to
G-man

I 'd work on high 40's to 50 MPG on a good m'way run, mid 40's on a normal A road run and low 40's near town. Thats on a '95 izuzu cav with 180K on the clock filling brim to brim, but trusting the speedo for the odometer.

Reply to
Chris

thanks chris most helpful. and to all others that contributed

Reply to
degsi316

BOF = Boring Old Fart Dave

Reply to