New Astra Ciggy Socket Always ON

Hello
The aux socket in the front of my new astra has a few chargers and gubbins plugged in. Even with its huge Diesel battery this discharged itself over
Xmas and the AA had to be called.
Is there a way of making the socket only live upon ignition??. I can not find anything in the menu's on the car or manual???
Kindest Regards and Happy New year. Phil
Add pictures here
✖

Add a relay with the coil switched from the ignition circuit. It's not some vast computer where everything can be programmed in software.
--
*I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out *

✖

Or just unplug the chargers - if there's more than one then I guess they're on a multi adaptor.
--
Sors salutis, et virtutis, mihi nunc contraria;

Add pictures here
✖

To be honest, I have wired them in to the rear of the socket so everything is tidy.
I will take Steve's advice and wire in a small switch.
Cheers
The old Vauxhall powered off with the ignition off, and the Aux socket in the boot of this one powers off after 10 minutes... Shame about the front one..
Add pictures here
✖
PhilÅ wrote:

If you choose a pressure switch -- you know that type commonly used under door mats, rugs etc. in home security systems ('pressure on' is 'off' under the driver's car mat in this case) -- you don't have to remember to switch off when you leave the car.
--
Lin Chung.
[Paste ntlworld over the Water Margin to send a private message.]
Lin Chung wrote:

Oh dear...'Pressure off' is 'off'!
--
Lin Chung.
[Paste ntlworld over the Water Margin to send a private message.]
✖

It's going to blip on and off as you use the pedals though. To fix this is going to be as complex as a relay to somewhere live when the ignition goes on. I wonder if you can get stock relays that go on at 13.5V - which would achieve much the same thing.
Add pictures here
✖

Yep, the Caravan & mobile home boys use them to control the secondary battery. They're trmmable to cope with different batterys though.
Add pictures here
✖
Ian Stirling wrote:

Seat belt warning switch? The one that's under the drivers seat.
--
Malc

"AFB Mr Tracey."
✖

None of these is capable of switching the 10 amp or so capability of a cigar lighter socket without a relay.
--
*Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.

✖
Kemp says...

Too simple Tim..
--
Conor

"You're not married,you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
✖

Konhor..
Read my reply times 6 mins before yours, this is not possible..
Add pictures here
✖

Phil..
At least have the courtesy to post my name properly.
Oh, and has it occurred to you that your post may not have shown up until I refreshed the group AFTER I posted?
--
Conor

"You're not married,you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
✖

Assuming that its several items going through a 4 in 1 adaptor thingy you can buy them with an on/off switch on them. Mine had a red switch on the end that plugged into the lighter that glowed when powered. Just switch it off when you leave the vehicle.
Steve
Add pictures here
✖

Dunno about Vauxhall's, but on my Peugeot 306 there are two positions in the fusebox for the cig lighter fuse. Insert the fuse in the default position and you get a permanently live cig-lighter, shuffle the fuse across "half a fuse length", and you get a cig-lighter fed through the ignition switch.
I'd do this as the first approach. My second approach would be to permanently wire a second cig socket fed from a "ignition on" feed via a suitable fuse (located at the power source, not the socket end).
That will mean that you won't lose a bog standard, permanent 12v feed which may come in useful at some point in the future.
/john
Add pictures here
✖

What a sensible idea.
--
*Be more or less specific *

✖

What a clever idea,,,, now does anyone know if this Vauxhall is capable of this???
.
Add pictures here
✖