New Astra Convertible: Cost and replace of drivers mirror

Hi,

Some scrote managed to smash the drivers side wing mirror on my New Astra Convertible!!

Damage is limited to the actual glass of mirror being smashed and part of the trim which looks like it just clips together. The electrics still work OK.

Any idea whether Vauxhall do a kit to just replace the glass and the trim or do you have to replace the whole unit? What sort of price am I looking at?

Next question: Is it pretty straight forward to replace the mirror as a DIY project?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
atshuttle

I would talk to your dealer about the price but they do the parts separately.

Fitting is easy although some common sense is needed to change the whole assembly.

Reply to
Alan