Fiat Sciento tyres 165 55 R13 70H

A colleague has one of these and a big nail in the sidewall. Phoning around to see about prices for a new tyre for the Fiat Sciento tyres 165 55 R13 70H prices seem to range from £36 fitted, valves, balanced etc for a budget tyre to An Avon at £55 or the same at Kwikcrap for £73. Local journeys, careful/slow driver. I think that a budget one would suffice - any thoughts please folks????

Reply to
Mad Sad Dad

I was in a Fiat dealers a few weeks ago and they had surprisingly cheap tyres, and not s**te brands either. I'd try a few tyre places out of the phone book, and try and get the same tyres as are already on it, as having different ones can be interesting in ways a slow / careful driver might not be expecting.

Reply to
Doki

I wish someone would publish reliable information about how well different tyres last. Experience tells me that Michelins last longer than Hankook for what it's worth.

If you intend to sell the car in the next few years, go for the budget ones.

Remoulds cost even less, but some remoulds have a bad name especially if you get ones rated for 90 mph and put them on a 100 mph car.

DP

Define last, roadhogs with 5mm of tread have less grip than Michelin pilots with

3mm IME, 14000m v 26000m
Reply to
Duncan Wood

I always reckon you should pay about 1/2 the Kwikfit price by going to a decent smaller outlet.

Steve

Reply to
sro

A fiat seicento at 100 MPH is a frightening thought, no?

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Quite agree - she has done! Thanks for input.

Reply to
Mad Sad Dad

As I recall, my Cinquecento hit the limiter at about 96 mph in top gear.

:)

Reply to
DervMan