No more tax discs

Ha! I got stung for that about 6 months ago. Seemed incredibly petty when the vehicle was taxed and that fact is so easy to verify these days.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I was stopped by an eagle-eyed cop over 20 years ago when I forgot to swap the disc. I explained and offered to produce it, which he declined and said I'd probably hear no more about it. I duly got a summons, but instead of pleading guilty I appeared in court and apologised. I received a sweet smile from the Queen Bee on the Bench and an absolute discharge.

I still have a clean licence after 58 years, (plus or minus a Traffic Light Awareness course). ;-)

Reply to
Gordon H

Driving down to the court (not local to me) would have wiped out any savings on the fine. "Failure to display" has been a redundant and archaic law ever since the taxation status of a vehicle became accessible on line IMO.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Yes, the paper disc obviously belongs to a different age.

Reply to
johannes