NUTS... Wheel Nuts that is. (sierra/mondeo)

Short question:

Would wheel nuts on a 1990 Sierra 1.6 LX fit a 1998 Mondeo LX 2.0 Zetec?

Long Question:

Got a call from a worried friend this morning. Someone has nicked one of my wheel nuts she cried.

Ok, not much I can do at moment as we live 100 miles apart, but I do have a old sierra in the garage and wondered if they would fit.

She has got the standard Alloys with low profile tyres, not sure of wheel/tyre size on Mondy, by they are as fitted when car new. The Sierra has standard factory fitted steel wheels with 185/70 14" tyres.

By the magic of this newsgroup, is there a chance in hell anyone might know? If not, "nuts" joke welcome.

Regards

Runnin' Man

Reply to
Runnin' Man

the thread size may be the same, BUT alloy wheels use a very different nut with a sleeve and a washer built in, a steel wheel nut might go on and be better than nothing, but as you tighten it you WILL damage the wheel as they are not designed for taper nuts (which is what steel wheels use)

Any ford dealer will have the right ones or just buy another set of locking nuts from any car shop.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Many thanks for that. I'll ship her off to Halfords for some locking nuts.

Regards

Runnin' man

Reply to
bucket

Even better, buy two sets and throw the keyed bastards away.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

=A31 a nut from your local Ford Dealer.

--=20 Conor

I'm really a nice guy. If I had friends, they would tell you.

Reply to
Conor

Runnin' Man ( snipped-for-privacy@nospam.no) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Very likely, until you said "Steel" and "Alloy". They'll almost certainly have different mounting faces.

Reply to
Adrian