Ford focus steel wheel size ?

I was thinking before winter kicks in I should find some steel wheels for my ford focus so the alloys don't get attacked by sal, well should it snow.

Does anyone know the size of the steel wheel I would need ?

Reply to
ianhopkins

What wheels and tyres are on it now?

Assuming they are 15" alloys with 195/60 R 15 tyres, 14" steels with

185/65 R 14 tyres are near enough to the original rolling radius. They would have been standard on an LX, with the alloys optional.

It would make much better sense to get a set of winter tyres fitted to the steel wheels; do it well before the winter when they are both cheaper, and actually available.

Budget for a set of wheel nuts as they will be different from the ones used on alloys.

Consider checking that your insurance company is OK with the change; in theory what you are proposing constitutes a modification, and some companies will get upset if you have an accident when wheels that are of non-standard fitment are used.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Evenin' Chris :) .. thats right on it now are 195/60r 16 tyres 15" alloys. Excellent exactly what I was after.

Ahhh, I hadn't thought of that good idea!

Thanks for that Chris. *thumbs up*

Reply to
ianhopkins

In message , ianhopkins writes

Good idea getting them sorted now well before winter starts and prices go up. Having said that, the tyres I bought @ £75 each last November now cost £133 from the same retailer (mytyres).

Incidentally, the tyres I bought were Nokian WR G2. They are superb in snow and ice and I would not hesitate to recommend them. I reckon I will get 3 or 4 years use out of them.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

16" tyres on 15" rims? D
Reply to