One when you want one - at last.

Driving to Stafford today met a van overtaking coming the other way round a long slow right-hand (to me) bend. Van was overtaking a low-loader with some earth moving stuff on it - and was probably cross and frustrated. Anyway - big clouds of white rubber smoke boiled out from under his wheels as he desperately tried to avoid a collision with the car in front of me.

Which was a Traffic Police car.

And did we all wait while the policeman did a U-turn to go nab the miscreant?

You bet we bloody did.

Reply to
Guy King

Makes a nice change!

Reply to
SimonJ

SimonJ ( snipped-for-privacy@mine.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I suspect that was a "wait... and wait... and wait... and wait......"

I also suspect that the plod didn't HAVE to nick the van for the van's driver to have got a clue.

Reply to
Adrian

The van was overtaking on the outside of a bend, and in front of a copper. The dibble would have been thrown out had he /not/ nicked him. I don't care how fustrated you are, just suck it up until it's /safe/, and you can see what's coming. I hope the van driver got the book thrown at them.

I'm just pleased that Thames Valley have decided to have a crackdown on muppets who drive round with a blown headlight. How can I tell you're not a bike?

Cheers, J

Reply to
James Dore

The message from James Dore contains these words:

By ramming them, of course.

Reply to
Guy King

Noooo, that's not where the dent in the o/s wing of the BX came from. Nooooo. :->

Cheers,

Reply to
James Dore