Opel Corsa hire car puzzle

We were driving along in our hired Opel Corsa S the other day when the audio system suddenly started playing music un-prompted and this then morphed into a travel guide for the Canary Isles where we?re staying.

Curious as to the source of the info we played with the ?infotainment? system and saw USB1 and USB2 listed as possible inputs. Oddly, this travel guide only ever started up once and we can?t access it again. The USB inputs are greyed out on the screen indicating that nothing is plugged into them.

I suspect that there?s something plugged into a USB socket with an intermittent contact.

The thing is, there is only one USB socket visible and we?ve hunted in all the likely and unlikely places for the other USB socket with no luck.

Does anyone know if this car has a hidden USB socket? Just curious and puzzled.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Probably it's linked with the SatNav system whihc is no doubt part of the infotainment system

Reply to
Graham J

On my new to me car, the traffic info (TP) works even with the radio switched off - which surprised me. Have had several RDS radios, and none ever did that.

Perhaps there are no TP broadcasts, so they used the system for other things?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I changed* a Corsa radio for someone the other day and it had a mini usb on the back of it.

Reply to
Lee
  • for one of those Android touch screen things. Ok I suppose if you like that sort of thing :)
Reply to
Lee

On my 'new' car, the USB socket (and other AV connections) are in the box on the centre console, behind the handbrake. On a maker installation, I'd expect them to be easily accessible.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think this could well be the case. My wife dug up some similar hints on the web. Sadly accessing the back of the infotainment centre is rather involved.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

On my (new to me) car one usb is in he centre console box behind the handbrake the other is in a recess beneath the heater and a/c controls.

Reply to
alan_m