Painting - too cold

Is it too paint to have a go at my car with a rattle can and get a decent finish? I'll be painting in a big shed (think barn / warehouse), with a big heater, but not big enough to warm up the whole shed, just whatever it's pointed at.

Reply to
Doki

The message from "Doki" contains these words:

It's too /anything/ to get a good finish on a whole car with a rattle can.

Reply to
Guy King

yeah but no but.............

Reply to
reg

I've had a decent finish out of decent rattle cans from the paint factors. Never from halfords ones though.

Reply to
Doki

I've not noticed any significant difference between different suppliers. I tend to use Halfords as they are the easiest for me to buy, and have never had trouble getting a good finish with them. Certainly as good as the original paintwork on the car. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

You need 15 deg C, preferably 20. Sorry.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

Would I be able to get away with a warm panel and paint from an aerosol that's been in the house or is it affected by air temp too?

Reply to
Doki

Yes. It's far too paint.

Reply to
shazzbat

You might, but the paint invariably blooms.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

Time to get the hammerite out and do a quick coverup to tide me over until it's warmer again.

Reply to
Doki

I wouldn't - the different chemical basis for the paint means that you can't spray cellulose based paints over the top later without it flaking off.

Or so I've been warned, at least.

Reply to
PC Paul

IME you can if it's been on for years. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G