Parking sensors

Gordon H wrote on 22/07/2009 :

They don't measure height too well.

Your sig separator is broken!

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In message , Harry Bloomfield writes

Mine does! Your attributes are wrong, I didn't make the comment about height measurement. ;-) To reply to the poster who you rendered anonymous:

If I set the GPS to "auto-calibrate" and allow it to settle at the start of a walk, the height reading is reasonably accurate for my purposes,. I wouldn't use it in mist near precipitous places, I would use the map and common sense.

It does give a very good measure of total ascent when the track is downloaded to a mapping program on my PC.

In the program I can also click my way around a route on the map, and get the total ascent figure, which tells me how strenuous the walk will be.

Reply to
Gordon H