Petrol Price

Bloody hell, 91 octane just hit NZ$1.50 a ltr. When will this end!!

Reply to
CeeTee

In UKP that equals only 59p per litre.

In the UK we are paying 90 or more per litre, so stop bloody whingeing.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thus spake CeeTee unto the assembled multitudes:

Think yourself lucky. In the UK it's about 90p a ltr, which works out at NZ$2.33 a ltr at today's exchange rate. I thought it was only us Poms who were supposed to be whingeing :-)

Reply to
Andy Clews

Not until we run out of oil.

Reply to
DervMan

Get a more economical car, and then it won't be a problem. Petrol costs a lot more over here, but I'm not complaining!

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

I run an economical car. I still spend £45 a week on 400 miles worth of petrol.

Reply to
Doki

How will one individual getting a more economical car reduce the price of petrol?

Reply to
DervMan

I run a petrol Peugeot 406 - and do around 750 miles a week.

Yes, I'm considering one of those Renault Megane 1.5dci hatchbacks!

Artie

Reply to
Arturo Ui

Paid 99.9p per litre for BP Ultimate last week. Far too much.

mrcheerful . wrote:

Reply to
Getrich Quick

Heh.... 320 miles on 45 quid here.

I've had to tame my driving style as I was getting that down to 280 miles at one point.

It's now costing me more in petrol than I get in expenses.

Reply to
SteveH

My last car got 270 miles for 53 quid Present one does 500 miles for 40 quid

same driving style - just the change from large petrol to small diseasel. :-)

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Not sure about the swap from large petrol to small diesel - have been considering large petrol to large diesel, though.

Reply to
SteveH

To be fair, all Alfa JTDs I've tried have been great. The older 8v models felt more diesel-like with a broader spread of power. The 16v version felt quicker but you had to work at it...

Of course, you might not be thinking about JTD...?

Reply to
DervMan

Actually thinking Fiat Marea 2.4TD or JTD.

The JTD is essentially a 156 at half price.

Reply to
SteveH

Wages in NZ are generally 2/3rds of UK level so 59p/litre (NZ) would equate to 90p/litre (UK).

krystnors

Reply to
krystnors

It'll end when we run out of fossil fuels then it will be nailed clubs

Reply to
Hirsty's

Hell you want to live in the UK!! almost £5 a gallon, you've got it good down under!

Reply to
zagga