Peugeot Renault BSI unit

Just "repaired" (1) one of these, the "potted" one with the horrible grungy rubber stuff.

Is there a definitive answer as to whether replacement BSIs need coding or not? My Google-Fu has not been strong with this one, conflicting answers as to whether they do or not. Autodata doesn't help either.

(1) Replaced the fuel pump relay and then had to do the same for the starter relay. It works, the car starts and runs, passes the BSI tests on the diagnostic machine but I'm not happy about it :(

When they say they are non-serviceable, they are not joking are they:( The non-potted ones are easy in comparison.

Not enough that the rubber stuff is in the way, the ECU is then mounted behind it so you can't get to the back of the relay board..

Don't know how the people who do this professionally manage it, there is obviously a trick...

Reply to
Lee

engine fusebox i think you mean BSM - BSI is in the car if its the BSM they are not coded

Reply to
Redstar

and that's Citroen i mean :)

Reply to
Redstar

Yes engine fusebox, It does has BSM written on it, but it doesn't help the confusion when the Vantage Pro identifies it as a BSI module, as do some web sites.

So if it's a BSM then it can just be swapped out and no coding needed? Cool :) , although it works at the moment I expect it to fail again sooner rather than later given the overall degraded nature of the soldering.

Reply to
Lee