Pitted Brake Discs

Hi all,

Does anyone know if pitting on the friction surfaces of a brake disc automatically results in an MOT fail? I suppose there *might* be some marginal diminution in braking force but whether it would be enough to be measured by typical test centre equipment I somehow doubt. In fact it could even be argued that wet weather braking would be slightly better with pitted discs. But I digress. Anyone know?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Yes.

It's not an automatic fail:

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

My "new" vehicle came with 3 years of advisories about the same discs.

Reply to
Bill
[...]

Largely due to testers 'arse-covering'.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

En el artículo , Bill escribió:

Pinged you an email about a car that might suit you if you're still in the market for something to tow a heavy load.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In message , Mike Tomlinson writes

Thanks, Mike.

I actually got a 54-reg Range Rover last week after searching high and low for something automatic, Jap or a Disco, sensibly priced, that didn't look as if it might fall apart on the way home. This popped up and seemed affordable, if not ideal. Tesco really should increase the size of their parking spaces. It came with some really scary old invoices, but all the important stuff seems to be working at the moment so, if its second replacement gearbox continues to hold up for a few more miles I might have time to work out what all the knobs and switches are supposed to do. And save up for the next tankful of fuel. I'm not really a burr walnut type person but in the immortal words of Mad magazine, "What me worry?".

Reply to
Bill