Zafira INSP4

57 plate Zafira B, 1.9 SRi CDTi 150, 60,000 miles

INSP4 has appeared on the display, indicating water in the fuel filter.

I?m away from home for the next couple of weeks, and of course that?s where my manuals are. How urgently does this need to be fixed? I?ll be driving a few hundred miles before I get home, largely at motorway speeds. Where is the filter? Is draining the water sufficient, or are there other things to do? Do I need a new filter? If I can?t do it myself (with a competent friend), what sort of time would a garage take?

Reply to
Ramsman

Ultimately the filter will fill with water, and it will get into the injectors, stopping the engine - perhaps permanently.

If you are anywhere very cold the water might freeze so the car won't start.

There might be something you can put in the fuel tank which will allow the water to dissolve in the fuel - slowly - so the water is gradually injected along with the fuel - the engine might run a bit rough but we're talking about maybe 2ml water disolved in 50 litres of fuel, so only 40 parts per million.

Reply to
Graham J

Drain on bottom of the filter.

Seems you need a pit or jack and axle stand to get to it and a priming kit.

Peter Hill

the filter is down the very back of the engine bay, and there is a little drain c*ck underneath, give that a twiddle and the water will fall out. removing the scuttle above the area gives good access.

Reply to
MrCheerful

Thanks Peter. I've already looked at the VXON page, and it's not clear where the filter is on the B. I get the impression that the under-scuttle position is on the A, and it's under the engine on the B. I'll post my questions there too.

Reply to
Ramsman