PLease Help: Brake line pressure testing.

Ongoing problems with rear brake balance on my 1995 Toyota estate indicates the proportioning valve is faulty. We have changed the drums, shoes, slave
cylinders and fully bled the system but the rear RH side still is no where as good as the rear LH.
The system is a crossover so the front LH is proportioned with the rear RH and the same for the other side.
The proportioning valve is very awkward to reach and a very expensive replacement job, so my question is:
Is there a tool, consisting of a pressure gauge and couplings that allows me to substitute with the slave cylinder and thus verify the pressure available at the slave for each rear wheel.
Any info appreciated
Pete
Pete wrote:

Yes, Mac & Snapon sell them. They screw into the bleed valve. They're not cheap though.

indicates
It could be due to the handbrake cable being too tight/sticking and choking the movement of the foot brake.
PS you could have eliminated the drums by swapping left to right.