1969 rear brake problems. Any ideas?

I have a 1969 Camaro Pace Car. I am currently working on the braking system and have run into a problem. I can not get enough braking pressure to the rear wheels. The car has disc in the front and drums in the rear. I have replaced the master cylinder, and the proportioning valve, replaced every break part (drums, pads, spring kit, wheel cylinders, etc.) on the back axle, blead the system completely. The break pedel is high and hard and the front brakes work great. The rear brakes just seem to just barely hold, but not enough to lock up. I have good clean fluid coming out of the rear bleeders, but not with the pressure that it should be. Anybody have any ideas?

Reply to
pacecarkid

Sounds to me like maybe a restriction somewhere in the line to the rear. First off I would replace any rubber hoses you find between the front and rear. You may be able to clear out the steal brake line to the rear by blowing compressed air through it, but beware you will also be introducing moisture into the line. It will probably be OK if you flush an extra large quantity off fresh brake fluid through it. I hope this helps. Good luck! - Gary

system and have run into a problem. I can not get enough braking pressure to the rear wheels. The car has disc in the front and drums in the rear. I have replaced the master cylinder, and the proportioning valve, replaced every break part (drums, pads, spring kit, wheel cylinders, etc.) on the back axle, blead the system completely. The break pedel is high and hard and the front brakes work great. The rear brakes just seem to just barely hold, but not enough to lock up. I have good clean fluid coming out of the rear bleeders, but not with the pressure that it should be. Anybody have any ideas?

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT