tree sap

Just finished washing my motor and it looks great, except for some blobs of super slimey tree sap that are glued onto the body work!

Any ideas how to get this crap off without damaging the paint (metallic) - it's proving to be a real PITA to remove!

Thanks for any tips preferably using stuff I'm likely to have around the house!

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

Don't worry peeps, found a solution...

Spotted some meths in the garage - tiny bit on a jay clothe and some elbow grease and it just disolved away! Also took all the tar and crap that accumalates around the wheel arch!

Now to tackle the inside :)

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

As a reference for those without meths in their cocktail cabinet, WD40 dissolves tar and sap quite nicely. :)

Reply to
Chewie

Or if you've got young sprogs about the place, baby wipes! They clean just about anything, off anything. They are brilliant.

Reply to
Simon Barr