Puggy battery

My Puggy 5008 goes into eco mode after just 4 minutes with the engine off. Bloody irritating.

The battery is charging fine and gives a resting voltage of 13.3/13.4V and that's with the internal light on

The car starts first go in the frostiest of weather. Is there any adjustment for the timing of the eco mode coming in or preferably turn the sodding thing off as I am not convinced the battery is anything other than good.

Reply to
Graham T

IFF - It's Flippin French!

Thank your stars it's not a 1007 like mine.

I don't think there is anything you can do - It's a case of Nanny knows best!

Reply to
cpvh

I thunk I sorted it out. It's a diesel which I don't use much (13k in 3 years on a 14 plate) and I'm also very light footed. The alternator just wasn't giving out enough juice due to my driving style and the low mileage.

I've been using lower gears to increase the revs and charging output and the radio now stays on for 30 minutes or so before going to eco-mode.

Peugeot wanted to sell me a new battery at some £100.

Reply to
Graham T

I'm surprised that the radio takes enough current to drop the battery voltage measurably in 30 minutes. Suppose the battery is rated at 50Ah

- and the radio takes an amp (unlikely I think, more like 100mA) then the radio should run for 50 hours from a fully charged battery. An hour would represent just 2% used of the available charge.

Reply to
Graham J
[...]

Perhaps an estimate of battery voltage is made when the radio is turned on, and an allowed time set based on that?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

a lot of people complain about it, so whatever it is, it is not correct.

Reply to
MrCheerful

That is interesting. I have had plenty of Pugs and this is the first one that I have had this problem with. Mind you it is also the first diesel Pug that I have had.

This is an old thread and I have just realised that I have been turning the radio on and off using the ignition key. This might well have been placeing an extra drain on the battery. The radio can be turned on by its own on/off button even with the key out which would disable all accessories. Maybe that is the problem and it might just explain why it seems ok now that I'm just driving the car a bit harder.

Reply to
Dr Proctor

Excuse nym shifting. Swapped pc

Reply to