Punto Handbrake Adjustment

Fiat Punto S 1998 on a T plate

Guys

Could someone tell me the handbrake adjustment procedure on one of these cars. Currently I'm on maximum travel on the lever.

Cheers

Reply to
Bill

You'll need new shoes, they self adjust in the drums, but the ratchets are notorious for stripping. Unfortunately they only come with the shoes.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

and good luck with it.

my 95 punto has had new cables, new shoes and new drums and the damn thing still rolls down small inclines.

Reply to
Dan
[Snipped Text]

They all do that sir ;-)

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

Thanks for the info guys. Doesn't instill me with any confidence.

Pig of a job then I presume. Any pointers that would help ease the pain?

Cheers

Reply to
Bill

No, they're easy enough to fit, they just don't work, that's all.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt