Re: Heads up!!

Dave Plowman wrote:

> [...]

But you don't have to dick about taking cheques to the bank for a start... I'll pay the fees to avoid that hassle anyday, banks always full of people transferring money between 17 accounts or paying in their weekly takings... ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

The message from Mark S. contains these words:

Just pay it in through the cash machine. Takes moments.

Reply to
Guy King

I wouldn't object to a few pence, but it's pounds and pounds even for a relatively small transaction. And I don't see why eBay should get extra money if your item sells at a higher price. It's not as if they do anything to help it go for a higher price - in fact if you want extra publicity you pay for it on top of the isting fees. This is fair enough but I think it's a bit rich to then expect a final value fee too. eBay bought PayPal for a *billion* dollars. That demonstrates just how much money they are making.

A few minutes in the bank is preferable to further lining the pockets of an organisation such as eBay.

Reply to
Robert R News

Again it seems in the UK it is a bad thing to make money/profit,

You have a choice use eBay/papal and pay the fees,

Or

Don't

Reply to
Tom Burton

Oh I have nothing against people making a profit. I'm just backing up myt claim that eBay is a rip!

Reply to
Robert R News

The message from Robert R News contains these words:

And they're so tightly interlinked with PayPal which really is dodgy.

Guy King

It's your choice to either use or accept Paypal etc. You can even collect goods and pay in cash if it suits both parties. It's also easy these days to do an electronic transfer direct into someone's bank account if you have their details.

The fees Ebay charge sellers is far, far less than *any* other way of reaching that number of buyers.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Yeah but where else are you going to sell it for more money, net.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The message from snipped-for-privacy@malloc.co.uk (Steve Firth) contains these words:

You amplified later but even in context the original message stated unequivocally that you throw it away.

Anyway, who cares - I'm KFing this thread.

Reply to
Guy King