V5 to V5C

Daresay the subject has been done to death on here - but I only found out yesterday when I got the road tax renewal in .

Silly question time , How long has the DVLA been sending out those little 'new road tax rules' leaflets .

Reply to
SOR

SOR ( snipped-for-privacy@sparesorrepair.co.uk.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Eh? What new leaflets? Precis, anybody? Is this just the "don't forget to tax or SORN it else we'll have your wallet"?

I got a renewal last week, and don't remember a new leaflet - but that's because I'm adept at not removing the "padding" from the envelope, just the actual form...

Reply to
Adrian

The message from Adrian contains these words:

I think it's the one about "If you don't tell us you've sold it you carry the can for taxing it if we find it on the road".

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ah, furry muff.

Reply to
Adrian

Meant the V5 to V5C change next year as its the first i've heard of it & that was what the leaflet is called .

Just for you - i've bunged in on the website :-)

Reply to
SOR

SOR ( snipped-for-privacy@sparesorrepair.co.uk.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ta!

"The registration certificate has been developed to comply with a european directive which requires member states to introduce a common format for registration certificates."

Oh, ffs...

Reply to
Adrian

Don't forget the one case it _doesn't_ cover - if you buy a previously SORNed vehicle and don't redeclare it then they'll wait until after the previous SORN expires (without telling you) then take your most of your readies off you. You are, of course, allowed to take a day off work to explain to a judge why you'd rather pay the full amount allowed by law.

Not sour grapes. Just the bitter personal experience of someone who understands fully the meaning of "we don't need to see your vehicle on the road". ie "Why look for deliberate tax evaders when we can meet targets with those who make mistakes."

Oh, OK. It is sour grapes.

Reply to
Chris Costello

So I've two "new" cars. Both obviously will have new V5's assigned to me as it were.

Neither are on the road, one was taxed until this Feb and one last taxed five or so years ago.

Should I scamper out tomorrow lunchtime and sorn them both asap just to cover me?

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.