Re: Screen damage

Sorry, I suppose this is more of a "misc" question but it seems very

> quiet in there :o) > > Driving along the motorway at about 10pm, I reckon some scrote dropped > something from a bridge and my windscreen was hit - piccies below: > >

> I was about 20 miles from home and 2 miles from a junction so decided to > finish the journey slowly and quietly on the A-roads, but I was > wondering about the legality of it. The new screen is being fitted > tomorrow but has to be done in dry conditions so if it's raining, they > want me to take it to their workshop instead of coming out to me. > > The journey home may have been illegal but it was at a quiet time of day > and it went OK. Tomorrow will obviously be during daytime with more > chance of plod seeing me. The view out from the drivers position is > remarkably unhindered, but is it legal? > > Cheers

I'd be very surprised if it was legal to drive, but if stopped and you were able to prove you were taking it for a pre-arranged repair, I doubt any action would be taken.

Did you report the suspected cause of the damage to the police?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Thanks Doki and Chris. I suspected as much but thought that the "pre-booked appointment" thing may make it OK. No, I didn't report it to the police, purely because I couldn't be sure that someone had dropped something. One second everything's OK, the next second a big bang and an underpants moment :o)

Thinking about it though I will do, in case they've had other reports. Cheers guys

Reply to
Pete Zahut

Could have been caused by a stone kicked up by the tyres of another vehicle. Looks small enough. I had a side window shattered once on a m/way, as I was overtaking a lorry. Hit the window like bullet. If it hadn't hit my car, it could have crossed the carriageway and hit a car coming in the opposite direction.. Rare I imagine, but I doubt my experience is unique. Mike

Reply to
Miike G