Replacing a break light bulb - 214

Hi. I have a 1997 214 hatchback (ok..they probably all are h/backs)

Is it easy to change the break light bulb?

Cheers.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur2

Depends where it is and where it is broken ...

Reply to
Adrian C

About as easy to break the change light bulb.

Reply to
Mark W

zzzzzz

Reply to
Arthur2

If you can't spell BRAKE, you have no chance of changing a bulb :-)

Reply to
Slider

That's the sort of question that usually gets an answer like 'if you have to ask, probably not for you.'

What does the driver's handbook say? They give details about bulb changing. Is the back of the brake light unit easily accessible? I don't know of any common car where changing a brake light is difficult. Headlights on many - or indeed front lights - can be.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah!...hmm..yes....twas a slip of the tongue type misspelling old boy! Quite different from the old ...kar...or garrij, that some of your associates might use....god bless 'em.

51

Even if it is, you have to ask yourself if it is worth investing that amount in the car. The trick with bangernomics is to know when to give up, and I suspect that you are at that point. Does it have much petrol in it?

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Ha Ha! I always boast to friends how I double the value of my old Sierra every time I fill up with petrol :-)

Cost £200 in 2006 and not given a hint of trouble. Not a bulb, not a wiper, nothing. Passed every MOT without a problem too. I only use it for motorway trips once a fortnight and very comfortable for the money. As with all Sierra's it will eventually rust underneath, but at the moment its fine and got a few years left in it yet.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Sorry.