Car Problem - lost power, stalled and now won't start

The car is a 1994 Fiesta Si. Drove about 6 miles, when car seemed to lose power then get it back then after a few times it stalled. Started it up went a mile and it kept feeling like it was losing power then stalled and wouldn't start. Had some petrol in the boot, so put a gallon in just in case the gauge was faulty, but it wouldn't start.

Lights bright, starter seem to spin the engine ok. Didn't investigate further as it was -3 and dark, but will go there tomorrow to see if I can sort it out, or get a garage to sort it.

So what would be great is any hints and checks I can do and any tools I can borrow and take along. I have had a company car until recently but I did used to do most basic things on 70s BL and Ford cars until the mid 90s, when I got a company car.

thanks.

ST

Reply to
stusenet

have a check for sparks, if none then an early suspect would be plug leads,, coil pack or tdc sensor. A good garage may be an easier bet.

Reply to
Mrcheerful