Results of Air Bag test

Well I have now fired two seat mounted air bags under more or less controlled conditions. Not sure what Duncanwood was mumbling about but all it takes is a low current 12 volt source connected to to the appropriate wire and BANG, off it goes. Smells remarkably like a very large percussion cap. The load on the seat appears to be minimal - the first test we bolted the seat to a pallet and then trapped teh pallet under a fork lift truck. The second test we just rested the seat on a pallet with a couple of studs (without nuts) passing through two drilled holes. All very satisfactory. Now we feel that we know what we are doing we'll deploy another 8 - 10 under rather more formal conditions including some high speed filming.

Reply to
Laurence

The UK's "Brainiac" TV programme bundled the innards of 500 Christmas crackers together, then "pulled" them using two cars, for their Christmas special. It was rather successful - a smoky red fireball about a yard across and a very big bang.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

Unfortunately, these guys (IME of watching it) are known for augmenting explosions like this with their own theatrical explosives, for the best effect.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith