Scorpio - problems

Hi

I am not very good with cars, and I have a strange problem The last few days the engine on my Ford Scorpio (96mod), the temperature has gotten high (almost at red).. I noticed that there almost were no oil in it, even though I refilled the day before!!

Today, after a pretty long drive, the temperature again got high. I checked again ... and again almost no oil. The (don't know what it's called in english) fluid/water for the radiator was full of black fluid, and I guess that i where the oil has gone. But how is this possible??? The excess tube actually spat out water and oil!

Any tips are appreciated.

.
Reply to
Dr Phil

Your Head Gasket is shot - quite badly by the sound of it. Based on your post I'd suggest you'ld be best taking it to a garage - I don't think this is one for you to fix yourself.

Reply to
Doug

Seconded, take it their straight away, or better still get it towed, that's a truly dead head gasket, keep driving it & it'll be a truly dead head & radiator as well.

Reply to
DuncanWood

temperature

Thanks. I'll tow it to a garage tomorrow.

Reply to
Dr Phil

Ever see the Danny DeVito film ":Matilda"- Plenty sawdust will seal oil leak to cooling system ,then AUCTION.

Reply to
Mr John X

what engine have you got it in would help :)

2.0 16V 2.3 16V 2.9 24V 2.5 TD ?
Reply to
dojj

Doesn't matter what engine it is, the head gasket has gone.

Mike

Reply to
MSC

2.0 16V
Reply to
Dr Phil

The message from MSC contains these words:

Dunno if this car has a oil to water cooler - some do - and that might also be the cause.

Reply to
Guy King

prolonged use will kill the head no fix available so be prepared for a shock when you may get a bill for close to a grand to repair it on the other hand, you might just be able to get a second hand lump and hoik it in there

Reply to
dojj

the repair price is what matters with some heads they can survive the harshness of the blown head gasket if it's the I4 version though, the heads tend to warp and split down the middle so he'll need a new one at the very least because they are unsalvageable

Reply to
dojj