D30 Fluid leak

This spring I bought a D30 from a whow wrecked his YJ.

The axle had new ball joints, brakes and steering and had been regeared to 4.10

20,000 mi prior to my getting it.

It's been leaking what I think is gear oil from the passenger side onto the "ear" just outside the axle tube.

I've been checking my gear oil on a regular basis and it has not gone down. Thought it could be brake fluid and but thats fine. I'm wondering when the gearing was done that fluid was put in the passenger axle tube and its seeping out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
ufatbastehd

You have a seal leak on that side.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Yep that what I thought, been checking the fluid level since May and it does'nt seem like it's gone down. Have not had to fill it yet.

Reply to
ufatbastehd