Seat Cordoba 1.9 Diesel 1996 N - Engine code 1 Y

Last chance city - my car (as above) has recently broken an engine part and I'm at my wits end as to what it is. The Haynes manual calls it an "automatic idle boost controller" (maybe as there's no diagram to back this up), my local SEAT garage seem to think its a cold start valve but cant find it on their computer to find a part number under either name to be able to order the part!! The part is located on the back edge of the fuel pump next to the cam cover. It has an electrical connection on one end that appears to connect to the fuel cut off valve and also to the glow plugs, on the other end there is a small wire connection (which has snapped) to a lever on the diesel pump itself. When the lever is pressed it does appear to make the car easier to start but means I have to start the car with the bonnet open poking the this lever with a stick whilst leaning in the drivers wndow turning the ignition key !!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Glow plugs appear to be working fine so am sure its this part which is causing the problem. The car has been very difficult to start since this part broke either hot or cold so any helpful hints would be appreciated. Cheers Al

Reply to
postmaster