Sierra int heater

Hi can some one tell me if the interior htr leaks, although I don't loose much water in say a couple of months it only goes down by about 1/2", is it general for it to leak water in to the passenger front foot well or is there another common problem Sierra estate with sun roof 1987

Rich

-- To reply remove " spam "

Reply to
Rich

sun roof drain tubes may be blocked, battery tray may have disintegrated. heater intake drains may be blocked .to check for heater leakage just grope round under the heater, if you find antifreeze coloured water then it is leaking

Reply to
mrcheerful

In news:WVRLd.4810$ snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk, mrcheerful . decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Piece of piss to change it though. Don't bother doing all the Haynes BoL crap of stripping the dash etc, just undo the pipes under the bonnet, push the matrix back, dip the clutch pedal and slide it out.

Reply to
Pete M

Do these run down the A post in to sills just infront of doors, what is the best way of checking these who has done this??

It is going that way but not leaking !!!

Where are these ive checked all round the fan blower air intakes under the bonnet and all is well

antifreeze coloured water then it is

The leaky water in the footwell does not smell of anti freeze so I am a bit doubtfull it is the heater matrix but was going to take it out to be 100% sure its ok then to check the sun roof drains :-)

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Just get a jug of water and pour it down/across/in/around the suspected area. The engine could easily lose that amount just through a slightly cracked radiator or loose hose. Mine had the obscure problem of rain dripping down the window, under the seal, and tracking around the loudspeaker in the door into the footwell.

Mike

Reply to
MSC

Hmmmmm water in cars is a pain. will have to look deeper in to this thanks for the replies

Rich

Reply to
Rich