Skoda re window wash

Skoda Octavia Elegance 2008
Rear window wash achieves nothing - I can hear the pump running and the wiper moves - but no water! I can't even see any nozzle from which
water should be squirted - any ideas where to look, please?
Front window wash works OK - except when bonnet is open - is this by design?
TIA
-- Graham J
On 28/07/2015 18:11, Graham J wrote:

Just stick a sewing pin/needle in the centre of the back screen washer jet to remove the muck that is blocking the hole.
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

He said that he can't see the nozzel. It will probably be hidden under a bit of trim. I'd go for fuse wire rather than needle.
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

[snip]
Exactly my point!
Where is the nozzle?
A description relating it to the wiper shaft would help - is it nearby, or perhaps at the dop of the window, or mounted on the radio aerial?
TIA
-- Graham J
On 28/07/2015 22:49, Graham J wrote:

I avoid Skoda out of habit, but the usual location of a rear nozzle is either the top (or occasionally bottom) of the screen or in the end of the wiper arm where it leaves the tailgate.
Mrcheerful wrote:
[snip]

Thanks.
There's a hinged plasic cover over the nut that holds the wiper assembly on its shaft. Lift that, the nozzle is visible on the top of the shaft. It is removeable - the shaft is hollow (about 2mm drilling) and water comes out of that very nicely.
It's actually a double nozzle; clean both pinholes and it works fine.
The hinged cover has holes that are supposed to align with the holes in the nozzle - it very nearly does - so one jet works fine, the other hits the plastic and splashes about. Some careful work with a knife should cure that.
--
Graham J

On 28/07/15 18:11, Graham J wrote:

I've got a 2004 Octy Combi (Estate), may be the same.
Take a look where the CD Changer is located. Under it there is a water pipe and for mine the join connector had failed. Luckily there was quite a lot of rust preventative wax down there, so the water leak didn't pose much of a risk.
--
Adrian C

Site Timeline