PUG 406 AirCon Problem

Got my Pug 406 TDI (1.9) checked as far as aircon gas goes today. I thought it was low as the compressor pump did not seem to be kicking in when I pressed the aircon button on the dash (bulb on button is OK). Gas pressure was perfect when checked.

It seems that not only is the compressor pump not kicking in but the radiotor fan is not coming on as well as it should do when aircon is on.

I'm thinking the fault is probably a relay or pressure switch somewhere because both the compressor and fan are not working when the aircon is turned on.

Fan works 100% when just cooling the engine I should add.

Any ideas as to the fault?

Reply to
CB

MICHAEL ROCHE

Had the relays etc checked today and all was pronounced OK. Auto electrician suspects there may be a fault with the pressure switch and suggested getting a new one an fitting that. Strange thing is that when I picked it up the compressor.fan were wirking OK for a short while. Maybe a step closer now.

Reply to
CB

I have a similar problem. Have had engineer around to re-gas Pug 406 HDI "A/C not working when car was brought hole in condensor" After fitting new a condenser, He started by vacuuming out system, followed by pressure test ?no leaks brilliant? now start car and press A/C button? To start compressor, then the problem started no power at compressor. I was then told I would need an auto electrician to sort out problem and he was unable to re-gas system. (Still managed £30 call out charge) So I looked to the internet for help. I have removed wiring connector from top of pressostat and shorted terminal 1 and 2 which starts up my single fan, 1 and 3 makes one of the relays click, and 1 and 4 seems to do nothing. Have checked and cleaned all connections to relays by fan and all looks ok. Is there any way of testing compressor with no gas in system and without direct 12 volt link.

Reply to
taz119

"" wrote: > Got my Pug 406 TDI (1.9) checked as far as aircon gas goes > today. I thought > it was low as the compressor pump did not seem to be kicking > in when I > pressed the aircon button on the dash (bulb on button is OK). > Gas pressure > was perfect when checked. > > It seems that not only is the compressor pump not kicking in > but the > radiotor fan is not coming on as well as it should do when > aircon is on. > > I'm thinking the fault is probably a relay or pressure switch > somewhere > because both the compressor and fan are not working when the > aircon is > turned on. > > Fan works 100% when just cooling the engine I should add. > > Any ideas as to the fault? > > > > -- > Please CC all replies and emails to me to > snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com. This is unitil > further notice as I am having email > problems. Thanks!

Hi, Pins 1 & 4 should be closed representing gas pressure in system.

Pins 1 & 2 should be normally open, closes when gas pressure too great Pins 1 & 3 should be normally open, closes when gas pressure too great

Voltage should be present at pins 1 & 4.

If gas is present in system and there is no voltage at compressor clutch terminal there is no point in strapping a voltage there to prove a point, also on no account strap a voltage there if there is no gas in system. The main suspect is the dreaded BSI Built_in Sytems Interface I think it must contain a relay cos of the current required, but I?ve never looked at one. T

Reply to
Tonyh