stars/snowflakes on ford clock?

i have a ford fiesta 1.25 zetec. when i turn the ignition to start the car i have two snowflake shaped symbols either side of the clock. one green, one red. when i start the car they disappear. what are they?

Reply to
mickyspoliki

If they are like my old sierra they are to indicate when the outside temp falls below 5 deg C green one comes on and below 0 deg C the red one comes on.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

This is a "how do I use my car" type question however I'd *guess* that you've got air temperature sensors and the green light will come on when black ice is possible and the red when it's likely. The definitive answer will be in the manual which came with the car so go do some reading.

They light up when the ignition is on but the engine is off so you know if the bulbs break.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

Tried reading the manual?

Reply to
Conor

Reply to
mickyspoliki

For future reference, it's a good idea to mention what you tried first when posting here. Then people are less likely to tell you to RTFM, or do other basic checks that you may have already done.

Also it's a good idea not to top post, unless you enjoy being verbally abused at random...

Reply to
David Taylor

The message from David Taylor contains these words:

Oh, it's not random, some are quite methodical about it.

Reply to
Guy King