They are too complex

I bought a Viessmann. However, that was several years ago now - and I haven't kept up with what's around. I'd ask on uk.d-i-y Viessmann technical were extremely helpful, even although I did a self install. I wanted the ability to switch the boiler from heating to hot water only from a different room to where it was situated. And helped explain how to set up the weather compensation software - I'd hope later versions are easier, or have better instructions. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Very few people that style themselves as engineers are engineers.

Take the muppets that do air-con. Many will tell you that the "drier" has water in it. No idea about the difference between a dry vapour and saturated one. They get really upset when asked to explain how that water gets into a sealed pressurised system that is evacuated before filling.

Reply to
Peter Hill

We have a washing machine, which worked fine until just out of the warranty period, when it began to misbehave. It would stop mid program at various points, or sometimes actually finish the wash. Various enquiries suggested it needed a new PCB. The manufacturer wanted £300 for one, a local dealer wanted £150 and would not just supply the refurbed board, insisted on charging for fitting too.

I pulled it out and inspected it, finding a swollen cap between two I pulled it out and inspected it, finding a swollen cap between two hot heatsinks and replaced it with a higher temperature item. It has run fine ever since and for what must be almost 6 or 7 years. I posted the fix on whitegoods and had hundreds and hundreds of thank you's for it since then. hot heatsinks and replaced it with a higher temperature item. It has run fine ever since and for what must be almost 6 or 7 years. I posted the fix on whitegoods and had hundreds and hundreds of thank you's for it since then.

There was then an issue with the over temperature trip on the dryer duct. The trip was identical to a type which would have a tiny plastic button to reset it, except the hole for the button was missing. Cost of a replacement each time it tripped £20. Drill a hole very carefully, so as not to damage the bi-metaal disk, then give it a prod with a tiny screw driver and back to full working order.

Its a regular thing to happen, its mounted in the heating duct which regularly gets choked up with fluff causing lack of air flow and over heat tripping. What they call a nice little earner. Another I posted on white goods, with hundreds of thank you's for a zero cost fix.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I will bear in mind both of those, thank you.

Reply to
Mrcheerful