Tool box liner

I just bought a new tool box from halfruads, cheap and cheerful not the nicer ball bearing but perfectly fine for me.

I waned to but something down on the bottom of the drawers to be non slip and stop it getting damaged.

Any ideas what kind of stuff is good for this or where available ?

Thanks

Reply to
Pete

"Pete" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Any kind of thin rubber sheet, I'd have thought.

Reply to
Adrian

You understood that post?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

"Mr Pounder" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Google Translate helped.

Reply to
Adrian

Ooooooooo

Reply to
Pete

It makes perfect sense if you read it in the accent of the policeman in 'Allo 'Allo.

Reply to
Doctor D

Sla#s

best stuff I find is the soft rubber with lots of holes in, like grip mat, they sell large bits of it in camping shops as a sleeping mat. The advantage is that the tools are protected and dirt falls though the holes to some extent. you can also buy bot liner rubber which has grooves in it which again is excellent.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I have always used basic rubber matting (ribs down the length) available by the meter from all good car spare / accessory shops (that might be what you were talking about with the liner?).

This sorta thing:

It 'kills' the draw dead (noise wise), is easily cut with scissors (or sharp knife / straight-edge) and generally stays put.

Probably more expensive than the foam if you need any posted.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yes, that is right sort of stuff.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Pampers?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

I really must get a new keyboard, this one is so full full of crumbs and spilt drinks that some keys are very dodgy and don't react unless you hit them just right.

Reply to
Mrcheerful
[...]

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Pete" saying something like:

Either thin rubber sheet or simple non-corrugated cardboard.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I used some 11mm underlay and some pound land slip mat stuff cut to size not problems with it.

Reply to
Pete

Yep I use cardboard box material with the corrugated centre core.

Cheap and easily replaced with a new carton.

Reply to
Rob