UK - dent repair

I have a little dent in the rear bumper of my 2000 318Ci. The car had it's first MOT at the local BMW dealer so I thought I'd get an estimate on cost.

Expected a quote in the hundreds but was surprised to get one for £80 for a so called 'smart repair'.

Could anyone expand on this pse, as to 'what is a smart repair?' and why they don't need to respray the whole bumper nowadays (metallic silver, in the 'old' days it would mean a strip and total respray).

TIA tim

Reply to
tim