Valuation for UK S70 please!

Just wanting a second opinion and thoughts on a S70 I went to view yesterday:

R '97, 2.5 10v SE manual, Star silver metallic with arian velour, Standard SE spec with winter pack 2 Owners warranted 55k and FSH. Documents check out.

Is in excellant order apart from a small knock to rear bumper which has marked the paint only.

Guy wants £3995 serviced and bumper repaired, or I am guessing ~£3800 as seen.

Seems an excellant buy to me...

Thoughts?

TIA Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

It is cheap, which could set the alarm bells ringing. But maybe the guy is desperate to sell, so as long as everything really does check out (e.g contact the dealer that has been servicing it) then draw out a wedge of cash and haggle it down a bit more!

Also a full service and the paint repair would cost more than £200, more like £400.

Reply to
Me

This is true and has set my bells ringing alittle. Obviously I would go over it with a fine tooth comb on the 2nd visit that I didnt on the first. I'm very au fait with the 800 / 70 series so no probs there.

Service history is complete main dealer for which i have the stamps and the print out so no problems there.

Will let seller stew for abit and then dangle him some readies!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..