UK Focus Mk1 Exhaust hanger

Ford Focus UK Mk1, 2001, 1.6 petrol

The front exhaust hanger has very badly corroded and only half of it is holding the exhaust. I assume that the original piece that is supported by two rubber mounts was welded to the exhaust pipe itself and cannot be replaced without a new exhaust box/pipe. BUT is there any after market part that will allow the exhaust support to be repaired without having to replace the exhaust itself, which is still in a reasonable condition?

Photo at

alan_m

A competent mechanic with a welder would be needed, AFAIK you cannot buy a repair kit. I would bend up a new bracket from steel rod and weld it back on.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

A competent mechanic with a welder would be needed, AFAIK you cannot buy a repair kit. I would bend up a new bracket from steel rod and weld it back on.

So would I. Or you may be able to grind off the rusty bit still attached to the pipe and work something out with a U bolt type clamp if welding is not an option. A bit fiddly though. Is that just a box at the top of the pic btw, or is it the cat?

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Threaded bar and a couple of brackets would sought that if you can't weld it

Reply to
steve robinson

Any use?

I found it with a google search for "universal exhaust hanger" and then looked at the images.

Reply to
John

En el artículo , alan_m escribió:

Suggestion: bodge it with some steel wire wrapped around the pipe a couple of times and attached to the two bushes?

Terminate with wire rope dogs:

Mike Tomlinson

That is a possibility - I have those components in a box already (aerial fixings)

Reply to
alan_m